THE 10 RULES OF RETAIL THERAPY

The advent of a new season is a bit like a shiny new toy promising new inspiration, new ideas and a new energy


Research, reconnaissance, reward is my shopping motto.  
Picture: Mr Galeforce

MARCH is one of my favourite months of the year:  The days get a little shorter, and the mornings and evenings a little fresher. 

So come February, it’s research, reconnaissance and reward. I browse my favourite magazines (both print and online) for the new season trends, then I hit the shops and online sites to discover what will work for me, before deciding on what deserves to hang in my wardrobe. It’s a feast of the senses and it’s fun! After all, fashion should be fun.

However, before you hit the shops for a spot of retail therapy, consider these 10 commandments and you can’t go wrong. 


  1: Dress for yourself, not for anyone else
2: Know what you like and what works for you
3: Wear your clothes with confidence
4: Embrace your individual style
5: Dont be a slave to the latest trends
6: Dont be afraid to break the rules – sometimes
7: Dress to suit your age
8: Dress to suit your shape
9: Always look appropriate, wherever you are going
10: Feel good about what you spend your money on.



Labels: ,